In the midst of a busy few weeks I am thrilled to take 2 days off to enjoy my family and enjoy the country. Amish Country to be exact!! I am ready to go check out the awesomeness that is the Amish Countryside.
During our weekend away we will be staying at the Bird-in-Hand Family Inn.
- Petting zoo
- Complimentary Amish Farmland Tour
- Fitness room
- Game room
- Indoor pools/hot tub
- Outdoor pools
- Picnic pavilion
- Pond & walking trail
- Tennis & basketball courts
How awesome, a hotel with a petting zoo AND and indoor and outdoor pool, my kids are going to be so excited!! I even ordered them new swimsuits!
During our visit we will be exploring The Amish Village! I love any opportunity for Derek and Hayley to run free on green grass and enjoy nature!
The Amish Village includes:
- The Amish house & barnyard
- Windmill & water wheel
- Amish schoolhouse
- Blacksmith shop
- Outdoor picnic grounds
- Smokehouse Market
- Amish Village Store
I made the mistake of telling Hayley and Derek two weeks ago that we were going to the Choo Choo Barn and EVERY MORNING “Is today the Choo Choo Barn” thank goodness on Saturday I can finally say “YES!!!” I just know both kids will love checking out all the amazing scenes created at the Choo Choo Barn.
A few Choo Choo Barn Highlights include:
- Amish barn-raising
- Three-ring circus and parade
- Display transformation into nighttime (every 10 minutes)
- Dutch Wonderland, enhanced with new lighting this year
- A house fire and the fire crew that puts it out
- Watch a sneak peak
Our final destination on our weekend in Lancaster is the Strasburg railroad.
Highlights of the Strasburg Railroad:
- Coach, First-Class, Open Air or the Dining Car
- America’s oldest short line railroad
- historic wooden passenger cars
- take a behind-the-scenes tour of to see steam engines being built, restored and refurbished
I have a feeling Hayley and Derek will fit right in. They get to take their first big train ride, how exciting!!!
Do you have a favorite spot in Lancaster, PA??? Let me know in the comments below so I am sure to check it it!
Disclosure: My family and I were invited to Lancaster as part of the Girls’ Lunch Out Blogger Weekend. However, all the opinions are my own and we genuinely love Lancaster, PA!!!