Today Lindsay from The Naughty Mommy is guest posting and sharing her Fresh Picks for Fall from BeautyCounter
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Hi, everyone! Now that summer is almost over, I wanted to share some of my favorite Beautycounter products for the fall.
In case you are unfamiliar with Beautycounter’s philosophy, here is the brief version:
The U.S. has very lax regulations regarding skin care products; in fact, our country has not passed a federal law to regulate the ingredients used in personal care products since 1938. Companies are allowed to use known toxins—ingredients that have been linked to cancer, reproductive issues, hormone disruption—without telling us.
The European Union has spent the past two decades banning or restricting more than 1,300 ingredients, while the U.S. has only banned 11 to date.
Beautycounter has banned more than 1,500 ingredients to set a new health and safety standard– all while ensuring its products perform, and that they’re as indulgent as any luxe shampoo, lipstick or oil on the market.
And indulgent they are! I have been using strictly Beautycounter products on my face for the past three months and my skin has never looked better. This says a lot, coming from me. I typically have hormonal acne plus dry skin (from the harsh products I used to use).
But once I found out I was pregnant again, I looked for a line that was safe for me to use. That’s how I found Beautycounter!
Here are my picks for Beautycounter’s best fall products…
1. Tint Skin Complexion Coverage: Meet the newest member of the Beautycounter family– a “creamy-tinted moisturizer that evens out skin tones and diffuses pores for a glowing complexion.” Hyaluronic acid, a natural moisture magnet, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and promotes smoother, fresher-looking skin. Offered in seven shades so every skin tone gets a match.
2. Lustro Face Oils: Available in three different scents, a drop or two of Lustro Face Oil added to your moisturizer is a luxurious treat for your face. I admit, I was definitely skeptical of putting oil on my acne-prone face. But guess what? I haven’t had a breakout since using Beautycounter, as compared to my earlier pregnancies where I had terrible skin in the first trimester. Lustro Oils are formulated with nourishing botanicals rather than synthetic fillers. Fake fragrances are never used– only pure essential oils. I use Lustro Face Oil #1, Calendula.
3. Protect Face Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30: You may think hey, summer is over…I don’t need sunscreen anymore! FALSE! Sunscreen is just as important in the colder months, because your face is always exposed to the elements when you go outside. I love Beautycounter’s sunscreen. I actually use it as my daily moisturizer, as well. It is unscented, so it doesn’t have that typical sunblock-y smell, nor does it leave a white residue. Plus it is formulated without chemical sun blockers like oxybenzone, which soak through skin, trigger allergic reactions and may be a hormone disruptor. Instead, Protect Face Sunscreen uses effective and safe natural mineral sun blockers.
4. Kidscounter Bath Collection: Shampoo, conditioner and body wash make up this Kidscounter trio. All are formulated with mild cleansing agents and essential oils, plus they smell really yummy! Each product in the trio is also sold separately.
5. Every Night PM Hydrating Cream: This unscented moisturizer is part of my nightly routine and a huge part of why I wake up with skin that looks refreshed and radiant. After washing my face with the Routine Clean Cream Cleanser, I apply a small amount of the Every Night PM Hydrating Cream with two drops of the Lustro Oil added in. It is such a treat and feels like I’m pampering myself! This moisturizer is made with organic coconut oil plus vitamin and amino acid-packed aloe.
Another important note is that a little goes a long way. I have been using the same set of products for three months, without needing replacements yet.
Have a question about which product to order? Interested in learning more about the Beautycounter line? Want to host a social for your friends and family? Email me with any questions: Lindsay@TheNaughtyMommy.com