With two young children and one VERY hairy dog, keeping our floors clean has always been a huge challenge. When I was offered the opportunity to try out the Dyson DC59 Motorhead Cordless Vacuum I jumped at the opportunity. I feel like we are just destined to always have some sort of hard to clean up mess on our floors. Finnegan, an Australian Shepherd sheds so much! I mean SO MUCH, think of what an average dog would shed and quadruple that!! While my children theoretically don’t shed, they might as well! We have the everyday indoor messes my kids make from doing things like sharpening pencils in the dining room and spilling Cheerios. We also always have some sort of outdoor dirt from things like running through the house after learning how to slide into second base at baseball practice!
When the Dyson DC59 Motorhead arrived we mounted it in our back utility room on the wall. Right away this was a bonus for me as I was sick of our canister vacuum taking up so much space in our utility room. By mounting the Dyson on the wall it left more room and I didn’t have the long hose sticking out into the room for Finnegan to bag into and knock the whole system down!
What it is for
– All floor performance: Nylon bristles dig into carpets for powerful pick-up; carbon filaments reduce the build-up of static charge, helping to capture fine dust on hard floors.
– Quick clean ups: It’s always on charge, for children, pet or cooking spills. No cord means that you can grab and go, rather than save the dirt up for an intensive spring clean.).
– Versatility: Powerful cordless technology, ergonomic grip, and lightweight format means it’s multi-purpose: ceilings, cobwebs, countertops, cars, couches…
Cleaning the Stairs
With my canister vacuum I had multiple issues with cleaning the stairs. 1) The cord never reached from the outlet to the top of the flight of stairs (and our house is not that big) 2) The canister never fit well on the actual step so way too many times my vacuum would tumble dow the stairs at the slightest pull or bump AND 3) The head of the vacuum didn’t have a step attachment so I never felt like it did a proper job
With the Dyson DC59 Motorhead all these issues are eliminated. The attachment for the stairs works great, there are no cords or canisters to worry about and I find myself vacuuming the stairs more often as it is way easier and less cumbersome.
Cleaning the Area Rug
I always thought my old vacuum was doing a good job on our area rug. Well that was until I tried the Dyson DC59 Motorhead. I put the Dyson on MAX because Finnegan is VERY hairy. When using the Dyson DC59 on MAX your charge will not last as long since it’s on super duper power mode BUT WOW!! First I vacuumed with my vacuum as I typically did and the area rug looked clean. Then I took out the Dyson DC69 Motorhead on MAX mode and WOW!!! I was blown away for two reasons. 1) I couldn’t believe how much dog hair the Dyson DC59 motor head picked up and 2) I couldn’t believe how much dog hair was still on our floor after I vacuumed with our other vacuum. That MAX mode sucked up so much dog hair…..Dyson DC59 Motorhead for the WIN!!
How to use the tools:
– Motorhead cleanerhead: The biggest turbine tool. Attach to the wand for hard floor and carpet cleaning. Remove the wand and attach direct to the DC59 Motorhead body for close up stair cleaning.
– Mini Motorized Tool: Get an extra boost of power in hard to reach places with this tool for tough messes. Works wonders on pet hair, car seats and couches!
– Crevice Tool: The angled tip allows you to get into narrow gaps and awkward corners. Perfect for in between couch cushions, kitchen units and car seats. Attach to the end of the wand for high cobweb clearance.
– Combination Tool: The debris nozzle (perfect for larger spills) converts to a brush for soft dusting. Attach to the wand to dust up high (dusty ceiling fans, anyone?).
I highly recommend the Dyson DC59 Motorhead. From cleaning the stairs easier, to the car and truly getting up dog hair on our area rug, I have been so happy with the performance of the Dyson DC59 Motorhead. I have found since I have gotten the Dyson DC59 Motorhead I actually do things like vacuum the stairs much more often and before I hated doing the stairs. The additional nozzles, super easy attachments and no cord just make it so much easier to use. The Dyson DC59 Motorhead retails for $549.99 on QVC HERE
Check out Dyson’s Social Channels:
Disclosure: I was provided with the Dyson DC59 Motorhead in order to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own and I truly LOVE it!!