On Thanksgiving I like to think about the things I am truly grateful for. Of course my children, family and Finnegan are all at the top of that list but I sometimes forget how grateful I am for good friends! As I have gotten older, friends and friendships have changed and evolved. I think that we have any different types of friends, all necessary, needed and loved. I have been looking around lately and feel so happy, at ease at really appreciate of the friends I have in my life right now!
Types of Friends
-The friends we have known forever that we might not see much anymore but when we do it’s like no time has passed.
-The friends from college that have moved away, started their own families but the love is always there.
-The friends that are actually family and have seen you at your highest highs and lowest lows yet still love you.
-The friends you make through your children’s friends, they get it, they know it, they live it and they still want to hang out with you.
-The friends, the few, that know the ins and outs of from every daily mundane chore to the extreme side of your life and still love you!
For ALL of these friends, I am grateful!!! I couldn’t make it through anything without all of these friends and I am truly lucky to have them all!!
Lately I have been trying very hard to teach my children the importance of friendship and kindness. I feel as if these are lessons that will help them through their whole life. They each have best buddies but I want them to know to be kind to all. That having lots of different friendships is important. We always have our family to support us but without friends, life would be lacking.
In an effort to teach and promote celebrating friendships Netflix has shared some great titles for kids and adults that celebrate friendship!
|20 Dynamic Duos Available on Netflix|
For your little kids:
2. Bert and Ernie: Sesame Street: Elmo and Friends
3. Bo and Dezzy: Bo on the Go!
4. Justin and Olive: Justin Time
5. Tod and Copper: The Fox and the Hound 2
6. Clifford and Elizabeth: Clifford
And your big kids:
2. Shaggy and Scooby: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
3. Vada and Thomas: My Girl
4. Martin and Chris: Wild Kratts
5. Finn and Jake: Adventure Time
6. Mario and Luigi: The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!
7. Charlotte and Wilbur: Charlotte’s Web
Plus a few for mom and dad:
2. Schmidt and Nick: New Girl
3. Ted and Barney: How I Met Your Mother
4. Liz and Jack: 30 Rock
5. Walter and Jesse: Breaking Bad
6. Mulder and Scully: The X-Files
7. Wayne and Garth: Wayne’s World