Disclosure: Today’s post is written by my friend Laura who is an independent consultant for Rodan + Fields
If one of your new year’s resolutions is to get your complexion back on track so you can look and feel your best this year here’s 5 Rodan + Fields products that will help you love the skin you’re in!
In case you are not familiar with Rodan + Fields here’s a little bit about the company and products. Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields are the doctors behind Rodan + Fields and were also the creators of Proactiv. They created Rodan + Fields with the goal of bringing dermatology based skincare solutions to everyone so they can experience the personal confidence that comes with a healthy complexion.
Rodan + Fields products are based on a Multi-Med therapy which means there is the right amount of over the counter medication in the right formulation and in the right order to have the best results for your skin. There are 4 different skincare lines that treat the everyday skin conditions that the doctors see most frequently in their private practice: Soothe for sensitive skin, eczema, and rosacea; Unblemish for acne prone skin and post acne marks; Reverse to treat sun damage such as dark spots and dullness, and Redefine to tackle and prevent those wrinkles we all hate.
I stumbled upon Rodan + Fields after the birth of my third son. After he was born my skin was a hot mess – uneven tone, dryness, black heads and enormous pores. Just when I’d given up all hope my friend introduced me to Rodan + Fields and I fell in love with the products and how amazing they made my skin look and feel.
Here’s my top Rodan + Fields products for 2015 so you can love the skin you’re in!!
1. Acute Care – Got a wrinkle? Well these amazing little patches that just became available to the public literally “fill a wrinkle while you sleep”. Each patch holds over 100 liquid “cones” that contain hyaluronic acid (an essential ingredient in our skin that decreases as we age) and line-defying peptides. Until now, the only way to re-introduce hyaluronic acid and this long-chain peptide back into the skin was with injections. Now you can simply put a patch on your wrinkle, go to sleep, and wake up to results! It’s designed to be used for one month (you apply the patches every three days for 10 uses), and results last for up to 12 weeks.
2. Redefine Multi-Function Eye Cream – This is a sleepless new mama’s (or a not-so-new mama whose children keep her up all night like mine do) best friend. Between sleep deprivation, pollution, the sun, and even smiling our fragile eye areas take a beating. This eye cream utilizes peptides to visibly reduce the appearance of crow’s feet, dark circles and puffiness and uses optical filters to noticeably brighten your eye area. Did I mention this eye cream was featured in Allure Magazine? Have an early meeting but were up all night? Put this eye cream in the fridge before applying for some extra special pampering.
3. Macro Exfoliator – This handheld exfoliation tool sweeps away dead skin cells – up to 5 million in just 5 minutes — leaving behind smoother, healthier-looking and more luminous skin. It is comparable to getting microdermabrasion at your dermatologist’s office, but gentler, so you can do it once a week instead of once a month, and from the comfort of your own home! Got to admit I was a little intimidated by this big guy at first, but it was so easy to use, (it’s preprogrammed for you) and talk about radiant skin!
4. Reverse Regimen – If you’re one of the more than 100 million people in the U.S. with visible signs of sun damage – dark spots and a dull complexion, the Reverse regimen can help. This four step Multi-Med regimen helps reverse sun damage, dark marks, dullness, uneven complexion, even Melasma (pregnancy mask). It includes a Deep Exfoliating Wash to remove dulling dead skin, an Intensive Brightening Toner that gradually fades discoloration and enhances cell renewal, a Dual Active Brightening Complex that’s a combination of pure Vitamin C and Retinol to enhance brightening of the skin while also diminishing fine lines and wrinkles and a broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Sunscreen to protect against UVA/UVB rays. It’s like SHOUT for your skin – it gets the spots out and gives you brighter, more vibrant skin.
5. Amp MD System – includes the Amp MD roller and Redefine Night Renewing Serum – this is my personal favorite! The AMP MD roller uses noninvasive micro-exfoliation roller technology to improve the tone and texture of the complexion as skin responds to the contact of the micro-needle tips. So what does all that mean? This little roller has tiny little needles in it, similar to acupuncture needles. You roll it over your face for 1 minute and it stimulates collagen production, which tightens skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also creates tiny channels in the uppermost layer of the skin so the product used immediately afterward can sink deeper into the skin, “amping up” the results. So when used nightly with the Redefine Night Renewing Serum, which is packed full of time released peptides and retinol, the result is firmer, younger-looking skin. When used with the Reverse regimen, studies showed a 30% increase in spot-fading and brightening results as compared to using the Reverse regimen alone! The AMP MD is the best-spent minute in skincare!
With continued use, this system is clinically proven to help skin become firmer, make lines and wrinkles less noticeable, and improve texture and tone for a more radiant and refined appearance. It’s been featured on the Today show and Ellen. I’m using it to tighten up my turkey neck and help diminish those lovely forehead lines.
Another great fact about Rodan + Fields is that they offer a 60 day refund policy (even on empty bottles) so if for some reason the products don’t work out you can send them back. And a little bit of these products go a long way; they are packaged with enough to last 60 days, but they often last longer than that.
Rodan + Fields is not sold in stores but can be purchased online on the website or through independent consultants.
Have a question about which products are best for you? Interested in learning more about Rodan + Fields or in becoming a consultant? Email Laura with any questions: Lbgreco@gmail.com or check out my website Lgreco.myrodanandfields.com
Laura is a busy mother to three energetic and sweet young boys. She enjoys a hot cup of tea, being able to finish a good book, and family movie nights. Laura began using Rodan + Fields products after a friend gave her a sample and she was hooked. After seeing the improvements in her skin and how confident it made her feel she began working with R+F so she could help other people feel the same.