If your kids are anything like mine then when you ask them “How Was School Today” they reply with a big old “FINE” sometimes a huff and puff because you bothered them by daring to ask how their day was and other times just a quick short “fine, can I go now?” For me it’s just not enough, I am a Mother Hoverer, I need to know more, I can’t relax till I know more and if I could I would watch streaming video of both kids in class all day!! I might sound a bit much but at least a little check in video once and hour would be ok!! However, none of this is possible so today I bring you some tips to dealing with the “FINE” and questions that require a bit more thoughtful answer and offer up more insight into their days.
17 Ways to Ask Your Kids “How Was School Today?” without asking “How Was School Today?”
- What was the best moment of your day?
- What made you laugh today?
- What were you working on in math (any subject) today?
- Did you play kickball at recess?
- What was your encore class today?
- When is your next library visit?
- What is your favorite kind of book to check out of the library?
- Did your teacher say anything extra funny today?
- Who had the best lunch today? (what was it?)
- Did anything today make you feel sad?
- Did you see the principal at all today?
- What made you smile extra today?
- Who is the funniest person in your class?
- Tell me one thing you learned today that you thought was really cool?
- Did you do something nice for someone?
- Did someone do something nice for you?
- Where did you sit on the bus today?
If you liked this post you might like these too…
Need some inspiration for lunch box? Check out Silly Knock, Knock Jokes for Kids
Does the morning Show and Tell scramble drive you crazy?
Check out the Ultimate A to Z Show and Tell List